ACCEPTANCE WITH JOY

You Should Strive To Be In ALL Situations That The Lord Others May See

Friday, August 17, 2007

Please Don't Say NO

Last night as I ended my day my little boy came to me asking for chocolate milk as usual. I asked him to wait a moment to where I could just sit and take a breather. ALL he wanted was a glass of chocolate milk. So we went to the kitchen and got his chocolate milk. Then he started to cry and I asked What's the matter, to which he continued crying harder. He then spoke, “I don't want you to Say NO. “

My mind immediately went back through the course of the Day. Had I said NO that many times to my little man? I began to ponder and think. Then it occurred to me what he was really trying to say, Mommy just come and play with me. My heart sank as I looked at his tear drenched face. He just wants mommy to play.

Immediately we got up off the couch and went and started playing Monsters Inc. It does not matter HOW good I am he just wanted me there. IN his room, his space to where he felt we were in his world.

Parents please remember You are the only ones who can make your child’s day. Love them with affection. Hug them ‘til you can't hug No more and Always let them know they are the center of your World.

Written By:Becky Blevens
http://beckyblevens.com/
A stay at home who had cancer and wanted to raise her little boy. God made it possible.

No comments: